Music Room

The room is furnished with chairs, armchairs, sofas and a corner cupboard manufactured in Piedmont in 1750. On the back wall are two doors with painted panels of the mid-eighteenth century. The hall is dominated by the Erard grand piano, on which Pietro Canonica used to compose his musical works

Sala della musica

. On the music stand, the score of the Medea. The room accommodates a considerable collection of paintings representative of the Piedmontese artists of the second half of the nineteenth century, that is the most interesting part of Pietro Canonica's art collection. They are mainly by landscape painters from the Albertina Academy of Turin. These include: Landscape by Antonio Fontanesi (ca. 1865), Sunset (1892) and The Moon Rises Over the Hill of San Giovanni (1903) by Giovanni Piumati, Fir Forest in the Val d’Aosta (1905) by Carlo Pollonera and The Morozzo Park (1889) by Lorenzo Delleani. Other notable works are realist paintings such as the Desert in oriental Persia (1857) and Knights at a Pool (1857) by Alberto Pasini. Finally there is the beautiful altarpiece depicting Santa Giustina, painting attributed to the Piedmontese painter Defendente Ferrari (whose production goes from 1509 to 1535).

Testa di bambina
Painting

Vittorio Cavalleri

post 1890
Alla finestra
Painting

Giuseppe Ricci

End of the XIX century
Paesaggio
Painting

Antonio Fontanesi

c.1850-55
Tramonto
Painting

Giovanni Piumati

1892
Il Parco di Morozzo
Painting

Lorenzo Delleani

1889